How Can I Help You?
You are the expert of you.
I am the expert of change.
Functional health is an integrative approach to wellness. It explores the whole person, body (nutrition, sleep, movement), mind (pleasure, healthy thinking), spirit (mindfulness, meditation).
As a health coach, I do not tell you what to do. I help you find the missing pieces of the puzzle of your own life.
You are unique, and nobody knows you better than you. I partner with you and empower you to make the necessary changes in your life that will move you toward the vision that you hold for yourself for health and wellbeing. I help you set goals that will give you forward movement toward that vision.
We explore your strengths and your values to help build your own motivation for change. We uncover obstacles that are standing in your way and I help you find ways to stay accountable. This work brings you into a deeper understanding of yourself.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS HEALTH COACHING?
In short, it’s extremely effective. Health coaching has been shown to:
- Improve weight loss and help people maintain a lower weight for longer
- Lead to faster reduction of blood sugar levels in diabetic patients
- Lower total cholesterol levels in people with coronary heart disease
- Lessen feelings of depression and improve overall quality of life
- Encourage people to stick with the changes they’ve made long term
HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF I’M THE RIGHT HEALTH COACH FOR YOU?
The best way to know if we are a good fit for each other is by booking a complimentary session with me. This is a discovery session where you can tell me what you are hoping to achieve. I can answer all of your questions about what health coaching is and what it is not. We can talk about how to move forward should you decide to embark on this journey.
In the meantime, my top five strengths, taken from the Strengths Finder 2.0, may give you a glimpse of who I am.
- Intellection – You are characterized by your intellectual activity. You are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
- Restorative – You are adept at dealing with problems. You are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
- Input – You have a need to collect and archive. You may accumulate information, ideas, artifacts or even relationships.
- Learner – You have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. The process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites you.
- Connectedness – You have faith in the links among all things. You believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has meaning.
WHAT IS MY EDUCATION?
My Bachelor of Arts degree is in French. My Masters of Science degree is for teachers. However, my job as a coach is to become a student of you. I am a certified functional health coach through the Kresser Institute (Chris Kresser)- ADAPT program. They are an NBHWC (National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching) approved program .
Let’s find the missing pieces to the puzzle of your life. Click the button below to book a free 60 minute discovery call. I look forward to meeting you.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“What a learning experience I am having with Coach Kim! She is enhancing my understanding of my addiction to carbohydrates and what triggers it. She has lead me on an exploratory journey of self-discovery to better health and wellness. She is nonjudgemental, listens and takes time to discuss my issues. I highly recommend Kim as a health and wellness coach“
Pam, Vermont USA
“Working with Kim has been such a blessing! She is encouraging, kind, knowledgeable and a great listener. Kim has a way of taking you on a journey of self discovery that leads to a greater awareness of not only what obstacles you might face, or even put in your own way, but how to move past them. She also challenges you to see what is possible and to then strive to make that your own reality as you think about your health and wellness goals. Ultimately, she does everything in her power to set you up for success and is your biggest supporter along the way.”
Monica, Pennsylvania USA
“Kim has been a phenomenal coach who has helped me focus on real objectives and has helped me uncover obstacles that were holding me back. I appreciated her insights and encouragement that made me feel so energized after each session.”
Robin, Alberta Canada